At Northbrook United Methodist Church, we live out God’s generous welcome to all and love for all creation. We learn from the life and teachings of Jesus how to seek God and serve our neighbors. Through supportive relationships and joyful worship, we experience the love of God.
At Northbrook United Methodist Church, we value…
- Accepting all people whoever they are and wherever they are on their own spiritual path.
- Children and Youth as important parts of our intergenerational church family.
- Worship, music and education that nurture our spirits.
- Reaching beyond ourselves and finding joy in service.
To honor our Mission Statement, we envision that by 2017, NUMC will be a church where:
- All people in our church develop habits of worship, prayer and learning.
- We attract and integrate children and youth into the life of our church.
- We provide intentional support and care to all our members and participants.
- We invite our neighbors to join us in joyful service and care of the earth.
- We increase our visibility as we live out our identity as a Reconciling Congregation.
- Our leaders invite, equip and encourage others to share their gifts of ministry.
Our welcome knows no boundaries of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic reality, education, faith background, family status, physical or mental ability. We welcome all into full participation in the life of our congregation.
We are proud to be a part of the Reconciling Ministries Network (RMN), a growing movement of United Methodist individuals, congregations, campus ministries, and other groups working for the full inclusion of all people in the United Methodist Church. Currently close to 500 communities nation-wide have voted to become Reconciling Congregations. For more information, please go to the Reconciling Ministries website: http://www.rmnetwork.org.