Advent Devotion Recommendations
A daily or weekly reading during Advent helps us to focus on the meaning of Christ birth during a busy season. NUMC created an Advent Devotion for all ages that works with the Advent Candles we will make on December 3. If you are looking for something different, here are a few options I recommend:
- Picture Advent will deliver a short, daily devotional by email. Sign up on the left side of their webpage. (Shameless plug -be on the lookout for my piece on December 6).
- Praying in Color provides a creative template for you to pray and color your way through Advent.
- These colorful, Advent Discussion Spirals dig deeper into the weekly worship readings.
- The United Methodist Church provides simple home worship services focused on Hope, Peace, Joy and Love.
- Need something extremely simple? This Advent countdown made with stones is beautiful!
What is Advent?
Advent is a season of four weeks which helps us to get ready for the mystery of Christmas. Without preparing, we might walk right through the mystery and not even know it is there. Sometimes we get so busy shopping and hurrying that we miss the Mystery. This Advent, we are making room to notice what new things God is doing.